DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FEMA mailer: The Cost of Flooding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/189184-fema-mailer-cost-flooding.html)

Ablang January 14th 07 11:22 PM

FEMA mailer: The Cost of Flooding

I got this postcard in the newspaper that says "You can use this as a
coaster to protect your furniture. Or mail it in to find out how to
protect your home."

http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart...c_id=FEMA_Risk

Are they trying to scare everyone into buying flood insurance?

[email protected] January 15th 07 12:47 AM

Ablang wrote:
I got this postcard in the newspaper that says "You can use this as a
coaster to protect your furniture. Or mail it in to find out how to
protect your home."

http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart...c_id=FEMA_Risk

Are they trying to scare everyone into buying flood insurance?

January 15th 07 01:12 AM

FEMA mailer: The Cost of Flooding

In article . com,
says...
I got this postcard in the newspaper that says "You can use this as a
coaster to protect your furniture. Or mail it in to find out how to
protect your home."

http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart...c_id=FEMA_Risk

Are they trying to scare everyone into buying flood insurance?

They're trying to scare everyone into at least considering flood
insurance. Not everyone needs it, but lots of people who aren't in
identified 100-year flood plains would be well-advised to consider flood
insurance, even though their mortgage companies don't require it. Just
look at all the people without flood insurance when Katrina hit.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

[email protected] January 15th 07 01:32 AM

FEMA mailer: The Cost of Flooding

Anyone near the coast and living below the water level of a lake the
size of Ponchartrain needs it but not everyone does. I'd get it if I
was near a river, creek or such that "may" flood. Otherwise I'm just
throwing money away to pay people to continue living in flood zones. I
just cant subsidize foolishness

wrote:
In article . com,
says...