DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repair needed on a newly refinished hardwood floor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/183632-repair-needed-newly-refinished-hardwood-floor.html)

Lynn November 23rd 06 02:23 PM

Repair needed on a newly refinished hardwood floor

I'm in process of getting my existing hardwood floors refinished.
There were several spots that needed new wood and that was repaired.
So far, the floors have been sanded, stained, and two coats of finish
have been applied. Yesterday, prior to the workers applying the 2nd
coat of finished, I noticed a board that appears to be broken. I
pointed it out to the workers suggested adding extra layers of top coat
to cause this board to be flush with the rest of the floor. Later than
evening, I checked out the board and it appears to be worse... it looks
like it's starting to buckle. Now if this board was in an
inconspicuous spot, I'd let it be, but it's going to be in a pathway.
Any suggestions on how to repair this without having to redo the entire
floor?

[email protected] November 23rd 06 02:30 PM

Repair needed on a newly refinished hardwood floor

?

They can and should fix the board.

Lynn November 23rd 06 03:22 PM

Repair needed on a newly refinished hardwood floor

wrote:
?

They can and should fix the board.

Do you know if that's possible without having to re-do the entire room?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN November 23rd 06 05:28 PM

Lynn wrote:
wrote:
?

They can and should fix the board.

Do you know if that's possible without having to re-do the entire room?

It should be possible. I believe repairs like that are made quite often.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Lynn November 24th 06 10:18 PM

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Lynn wrote:
wrote:
?

They can and should fix the board.

Do you know if that's possible without having to re-do the entire room?

It should be possible. I believe repairs like that are made quite often.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Thanks for your input. They replaced the board today and it looks ok.