Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Driveway setback, sneaky neighbor

My neighbor recently built what he claimed was a brick wall about 1 ft
from our property line. He then had a truck load of gravel added to the
wall, in effect creating a parking pad off his driveway. He neglected
to get a building permit or to contact zoning. I found out from zoning
that there's a 5 ft setback on driveways. He promptly parked his
trailer on his new driveway which is above our fence line (since his
property sits on a small high above our property).The zoning board has
since told him that he can't park on his new driveway since it hasn't
been approved. I'm a little irritated at this neighbor for being so
sneaky about the way that he put this driveway in. I think that his
theory is to just do it and see if he gets caught. I'm assuming that
he'll be applying for a zoning permit since that's his only option
other than removing it. I don't know what happens at a zoning meeting
since I've never been to one. Does it cost money? What questions should
I ask. I hope someone can give me some advice on this.

prog. therm. and heat pump questions Abby Normal Home Repair 119 December 22nd 05 12:38 PM
Driveway drainage Mark UK diy 8 August 2nd 05 01:31 AM
Neighbor paint color dilemma Nate Home Repair 9 October 14th 04 04:19 PM
help, concrete driveway rising up lucy Home Repair 6 November 16th 03 11:32 AM
driveway storm drain getting clogged with dirt Rachel Smith Home Repair 1 August 26th 03 09:14 AM