Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Black and Decker cordless drill- real piece of junk!

Black and Decker (Versa Pak) cordless electric drill.

The gear system in the drill is great. Unfortunately, the electric
motor is SEALED and unservicable. The carbon bushings are not spring
loaded but are mounted on flimsy metal posts which quickly wear out and
break off- so the bushings end up falling into the motor and ruin it.

The motor is a real piece of crap in an otherwise well built drill!

Misterfact@ yahoo.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

B&D has always been crap, sad to say.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to misc.consumers.house
Northumberland

"Todd H." wrote in message ...

B&D has always been crap, sad to say.

What about DeWalt?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Northumberland asks:
What about DeWalt?

I just bought a DeWalt 5 amp corded drill on sale at Lowes or Home
Depot (I can never tell the difference between the two...). It seems
very well built, good bearings, variable speed, with keyless chuck. I
think I'm going to like it. It replaces a worn out, 25 year old
craftsman which served its purpose but wasn't as well built.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Northumberland

wrote in message
oups.com...
Northumberland asks:
What about DeWalt?

I just bought a DeWalt 5 amp corded drill on sale at Lowes or Home
Depot (I can never tell the difference between the two...). It seems
very well built, good bearings, variable speed, with keyless chuck. I
think I'm going to like it. It replaces a worn out, 25 year old
craftsman which served its purpose but wasn't as well built.

porter-cable and delta are now part of the Black and decker fold these days
too. Funny how DeWalt have this excellent rep whilst the parent company
have a lousy rep...

That's business for ya...