DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What brand back-up generator? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/156087-what-brand-back-up-generator.html)

Harold Burton May 3rd 06 09:52 PM

What brand back-up generator?

I'm planning to buy a back-up generator (~12KW) and am trying to figure
out which brand. Right now I'm considering Guardian and Winco but have
heard some uncomplimentary things about Guardian, such as poor factory
support and unclean/noisy power. Anyone have any first hand experience
with either of these, or want to suggest another brand?

AllEmailDeletedImmediately May 3rd 06 10:42 PM

"Harold Burton" wrote in message
I'm planning to buy a back-up generator (~12KW) and am trying to figure
out which brand. Right now I'm considering Guardian and Winco but have
heard some uncomplimentary things about Guardian, such as poor factory
support and unclean/noisy power. Anyone have any first hand experience
with either of these, or want to suggest another brand?

my son is an electrician apprentice and he says that all the high end homes
are using
generacs.

Bob Vaughan May 6th 06 01:29 PM

What brand back-up generator?

In article ,
Harold Burton wrote:
I'm planning to buy a back-up generator (~12KW) and am trying to figure
out which brand. Right now I'm considering Guardian and Winco but have
heard some uncomplimentary things about Guardian, such as poor factory
support and unclean/noisy power. Anyone have any first hand experience
with either of these, or want to suggest another brand?

Onan

Kohler

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --