DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need reco for wood platform beds (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/153797-need-reco-wood-platform-beds.html)

[email protected] April 17th 06 08:57 PM

Need reco for wood platform beds

I am in the market for a queen-size platform bed. Since I have the
headboard of my existing furniture, I don't really need one with the
platform. Although I may just get rid of my old headboard for a good
platform.
Any recommendations on places to get this from? and places to avoid?
I am seeing all kinds of quality - from Walmart to to Ikea to high-end
($2000) for a wood one.
Thanks.
-Mark Sabatini

[email protected] April 18th 06 03:21 AM

Need reco for wood platform beds

Your post doens't make much sense.

daduck April 19th 06 03:23 PM

Need reco for wood platform beds

HI Mark,

I actually built a platform to fit my metal frame to support the
king-sized tempur pedic mattress that was deliveredjust yesterday. I
used 1x6 poderosa pine and plywood to make two box platforms each
38"x80". I then covered them with quilters batting (about 1/4" thick)
followed by a fabric that matches the room. I also used pipe
insulation, cut in half lengthwise to cover all hard/sharp edges before
the batting went on. I think the total project cost me about $135.00
vs. the $400.00(+S&H) that Tempur pedic wanted for the same thing. If
you're interested in making it yourself as I did, I would be glad to
share the exact dimensions I used - which Home Depot personel made all
cuts for me!

I have seen some really nice platform beds online and will try to find
the web addresses for you if you prefer to buy.

Doreen