DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint splatters on a timber floor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/148853-paint-splatters-timber-floor.html)

Co.l Mustard March 13th 06 08:51 AM

Paint splatters on a timber floor

After an ill-fated attempt to paint some doors with grossly insufficient
amounts of drops sheets, I've got lots of little water-based paint splatters
all over my unathane coated timber floors.

Is there any easier way to scape it off than with a little knife and about
eighteen hours on my hands and knees?

Cobra-WoW- March 13th 06 12:44 PM

Paint splatters on a timber floor

Use Methol Hydrate. Apply to a cotton rag and wipe on splatter or
overspray untill gone. I've been painting for 25 years and always keep
a bottle of it in my kit bag. Works on both acrylic and Alkyd paints.
You can buy it by the gallon at most hardware stores... and if your in
a colder climate put 2 ounces of it in your full gas tank when the
weather gets below zero instead of buying those little bottles of
gasline antifreeze.

Cheers