Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Thoughts on Waterpik Full Body Shower Panel?

I just saw an ad for this thing today and I think it could be the
greatest thing since sliced bread.
http://www.waterpik-store.com/produc...=WAT+SPA%2D201

I'd really like to add a hand-held showerhead to our shower without
having to access the plumbing behind the fiberglass shower enclosure,
so this seems perfect. What are your thoughts? My biggest fears are (a)
it would look tacky (I know I shouldn't care, but we'll want to sell
the house eventually, and I don't want it to look like some homemade
junk), (b) it would leak (though I'm not sure if that would be an issue
- I can't tell if you have to drill through the shower, but since it
includes a ceramic drill bit, I suspect you do), or (c) the water
pressure, which is more than adequate with a single shower head, would
be too low when the water is distributed to four shower heads.

Thanks
Tracy

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

wrote:

I just saw an ad for this thing today and I think it could be the
greatest thing since sliced bread.
http://www.waterpik-store.com/produc...=WAT+SPA%2D201

I'd really like to add a hand-held showerhead to our shower without
having to access the plumbing behind the fiberglass shower enclosure,
so this seems perfect. What are your thoughts?

There are lots showerhead adapters that allow handheld attachments to be "Teed"
off the showerhead for much less money than this.

My biggest fears are (a)
it would look tacky (I know I shouldn't care, but we'll want to sell
the house eventually, and I don't want it to look like some homemade
junk), (b) it would leak (though I'm not sure if that would be an issue
- I can't tell if you have to drill through the shower, but since it
includes a ceramic drill bit, I suspect you do), or

It appears that the mount requires drilling into the wall. That would put me
off.

(c) the water
pressure, which is more than adequate with a single shower head, would
be too low when the water is distributed to four shower heads.

This will be the major problem. By law, showerheads in the US are restricted to
2.5 gal/min. Although this was initially done by putting flow restrictors in the
heads, newer showers and valve bodies that restrict the flow.

With a fixture like this, I suspect the total flow, regardless of where its
coming from is restricted to the same number.

Thanks
Tracy

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Joshua Putnam

In article .com,
says...
I just saw an ad for this thing today and I think it could be the
greatest thing since sliced bread.
http://www.waterpik-store.com/produc...=WAT+SPA%2D201

Hard to say, I've rarely seen a site with less actual information
about the product they're trying to sell. You'd think they could at
least include a spec sheet so you'd know if it was even legal in your
jurisdiction.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/