DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Genie Garage Door randomly opened (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/136511-genie-garage-door-randomly-opened.html)

CK December 21st 05 12:51 AM

Genie Garage Door randomly opened

I have a Genie garage door opener. It is roughly about 11 years old.
This past weekend I came home and my garage door was wide open. I
always confirm that it is down before I drive away. My neighbor's
garage door randomly went up the day before. Nobody else in the
neighborhood is having this problem. I don't think it is a frequency
problem because of the random times that they were both up.

Is it time for me to get a new transmitter? Any other ideas?

Dave Balderstone December 21st 05 01:11 AM

Genie Garage Door randomly opened

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295651/

--
The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier
accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he

tightwad December 21st 05 03:55 AM

CK wrote:

I have a Genie garage door opener. It is roughly about 11 years old.
This past weekend I came home and my garage door was wide open. I
always confirm that it is down before I drive away. My neighbor's
garage door randomly went up the day before. Nobody else in the
neighborhood is having this problem. I don't think it is a frequency
problem because of the random times that they were both up.

Is it time for me to get a new transmitter? Any other ideas?

Who's to say?
In 1996 or 7 around the Raliegh or Greenville N C area, I forgot which,
Buicks were having their trunks opened and garage doors and and a bunch
of things, all over were malfunctioning due to Military hijinks.
I was passing through the area going to Jacksonvill N C when all the
Radio stations were talking about it.

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. December 21st 05 05:13 AM

Genie Garage Door randomly opened

"CK" wrote:

Any other ideas?

Seen any unusual aircraft flying over your house recently? A few years back,
people in Santa Barbara were complaining about unintended garage door activity.
Was traced back to some military transmitters on AF1. There have been a few
other similar stories on the net as well.