DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leaving on vacation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/125600-leaving-vacation.html)

david October 19th 05 09:04 PM

Leaving on vacation

What should i turn off before leaving for vacation for two weeks at my
home. We live in south texas with temperature that are not very cold.

thanks

Speedy Jim October 19th 05 09:14 PM

Leaving on vacation

david wrote:

What should i turn off before leaving for vacation for two weeks at my
home. We live in south texas with temperature that are not very cold.

thanks

Turn off main water valve.

You could turn off the water heater to save a bit
of energy but not req'd.

Turn thrmostat up/down or shut off HVAC.

Unplug computers, including phone line connections (if used)
to avoid lightning damage.

Jim