DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Effects of putting plastic in a records fire safe? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/122724-effects-putting-plastic-records-fire-safe.html)

davidd31415 October 2nd 05 06:13 AM

Effects of putting plastic in a records fire safe?

Hi,

Is it a bad idea to put plastic into a fire safe rated for records if I
am not worried about protecting the plastic? For instance, I have a
small clear plastic container with a screw-on lid with coin in it and a
few pens that I was thinking about storing in one. If there is risk
that these items could end up causing harm to the paper items in the
safe at high temperatures, then I will decide against this.

Thanks.