Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

MV

Default genie screw driver garage door opener

Hi,

I have a genie screw driver 2 door garage door. It came with the house
but no users manual. So i do not know what model it is.
It came up half way a few hours ago and just stayed there. The
connecting screw(from the door to the unit) kept spinning. The door did
not come up though.

Finally after a few hours...now ie. the door is down and I cannot even
bring it up half way.

I have to manually bring it up now.
It goes down fine though.

Any idea whats going on here?
Is it better for me to get a new unit for 150-200 and install that
instead of trying to fix this?
I have not asked for a technician to arrive here so far....because I am
worried it might be a ripoff

-MPV

Sounds like a stripped carriage (the part w/ the manual release) if the
door works easily by hand.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Rich Greenberg

In article . com,
wrote:
Sounds like a stripped carriage (the part w/ the manual release) if the
door works easily by hand.

Or even simpler, perhaps the manual release has popped open.

MV

thank you for the responses.
i checked with genie and got a new carriage for 18.55
replaced these myself and it works fine now.....

-MV