Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Planning Siding Replacement

We're interested in replacing the wood siding on our two-story home.
We're considering fiber cement but are open to alternatives. The job
also included exterior lighting and possibly adding a door. We also
have two decks that obviously will come into play.

Should we just start calling contractors, or are there some
pre-planning steps we should take up front. Obviously a room-addition
requires plans, etc., but what about our project? Thanks.

Here, adding a door or a window requires another building permit.
Ditto on insulation or housewrap, if you do do Tyvek make sure they do
it right.