DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kill a rat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/118545-kill-rat.html)

Alan Strassberg August 26th 05 10:28 PM

Kill a rat

This rat seems to actually like the poison I'm feeding him, and
cleverly steals the food from the rat-trap and then sets it off.
At least he could leave a thank you.

Ideas? Do the electronic rat traps work?

alan

Alan Strassberg August 27th 05 12:05 AM

In article ,
wrote:
Alan Strassberg wrote:

This rat seems to actually like the poison I'm feeding him, and
cleverly steals the food from the rat-trap and then sets it off.

[..]
I have tried the electronic *mouse* version. Fantastic! Humane,
deadly, net, and clean. There are no misses.

As for conventional bail traps for rats: Set it up with the long
axis perpendicular to the wall, with the end touching the wall,
and the bait end toward the wall. That way, the rat cannot
jump away from the bail when he sets it off. I once had a rat
that I tried to catch for a month. When I switched to that
system, I caught him the next night.

Thanks Mike, great info. I'm gonna get this critter now ;)

alan

[email protected] August 27th 05 12:07 AM

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=
Mike Lacy, Ft Collins CO 80523

Alan Strassberg August 28th 05 04:53 PM

In article ,
wrote:
Alan Strassberg wrote:

I have tried the electronic *mouse* version. Fantastic! Humane,
deadly, net, and clean. There are no misses.

Got the $50 Victor Electronic Rat Trap. 2 days, 2 rats.
Have to admit I'm sold on this, worth the price.

alan