DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Levolor cellular blind gives very strong smell in sunny day (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/117072-levolor-cellular-blind-gives-very-strong-smell-sunny-day.html)

Yvan August 15th 05 04:16 PM

Levolor cellular blind gives very strong smell in sunny day

Hi,

We installed a Levolor cellular blind in our baby room, to block the sun
during sleep time.

But after few minutes the blind is closed in a sunny day, the room is filled
with a very strong smell. I am very concerned because this means that our
baby certainly breath particules that come out from the blind, due to a
reaction with the sun. I got no answer from Levolor about the material the
blind is made of. I think I will take no chance and replace the blind with
something else - I do not want my baby to breath unknown and strong smelling
particules in the air during sleeping.

Someone else has the same problem, and found some information?

Someone know what is the material the blind is made of ? (the inside of
cellular blind is white; Levelor told that it is not aluminum, but they did
not want to tell me what it is, and probably what my baby breath...)

Yvan.
Canada.

[email protected] August 17th 05 02:21 PM

I wouldn't let a baby sleep in a room with smelly vinyl.
http://www.eco-usa.net/toxics/vinylcl.shtml I would use cloth shades
or aluminum or wood blinds.