DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Area rug pad fusing to floor? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/116645-area-rug-pad-fusing-floor.html)

[email protected] August 11th 05 10:00 PM

Area rug pad fusing to floor?

I have an area rug, I used a grid like latex pad that is sold for
lining drawers, preventing rug slip, etc.

After a couple weeks of under the rug I pulled everything to check for
marking, though the pad did not stick to the floor, it felt tacky and
left a imprint of the grids on my pergo floor, which is visible upon
reflection or close visual inspection.

The pattern didn't go away with soap, vinegar, etc. Until I took the
pad itself and scrub the floor with it and seemed to clean up well.

Now I am looking for another solution, I think any kind of latex pad is
a bad idea for laminate floors. I imagine it would be similar on
hardwood floors with a urethane type top coat also?

Thanks

Luke August 12th 05 12:07 AM

On 11 Aug 2005 14:00:48 -0700, wrote:

I have an area rug, I used a grid like latex pad that is sold for
lining drawers, preventing rug slip, etc.

After a couple weeks of under the rug I pulled everything to check for
marking, though the pad did not stick to the floor, it felt tacky and
left a imprint of the grids on my pergo floor, which is visible upon
reflection or close visual inspection.

The pattern didn't go away with soap, vinegar, etc. Until I took the
pad itself and scrub the floor with it and seemed to clean up well.

Now I am looking for another solution, I think any kind of latex pad is
a bad idea for laminate floors. I imagine it would be similar on
hardwood floors with a urethane type top coat also?

Try a PVC pad. We never had a problem with them on our hardwood
floors. Bed Bath & Beyond and Linens and Things sell them. The pads
are whitish, foam feeling, close "woven", and thicker I think than the
pads you were using.

--
Luke
"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
-- George W. Bush, July 26, 2001