DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need info about Aprilaire whole-house humidifier (water panel) filter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/115763-need-info-about-aprilaire-whole-house-humidifier-water-panel-filter.html)

[email protected] August 3rd 05 07:54 PM

Need info about Aprilaire whole-house humidifier (water panel) filter

I have 2 whole-house Aprilaire 550 humidifiers. I need to replace the
water panel filter (?) in both. On opening the cover, I saw that the
filter looks like its a hard wire mesh kind of thing.
Is this the water panel filter I need to replace? Online prices range
from $8-15.
There is a plastic frame that this sits in. Does this need to be
replaced too, or just the mesh filter part?
Thanks.
Mark Sabatini

mid787 August 4th 05 02:32 AM

wrote:
I have 2 whole-house Aprilaire 550 humidifiers. I need to replace the
water panel filter (?) in both. On opening the cover, I saw that the
filter looks like its a hard wire mesh kind of thing.
Is this the water panel filter I need to replace? Online prices range
from $8-15.
There is a plastic frame that this sits in. Does this need to be
replaced too, or just the mesh filter part?
Thanks.
Mark Sabatini

Just the mesh filter has to be replaced, not the frame. I buy mine at
Home Depot no more than $8.00