Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Matthew Simmons

Default Wall Register Extension

Ok, so I hope this is an ok group to ask this on.
In our townhome, there is/was a 4' tall wall as you came in the door. We
want to replace that wall with a full height wall. The other change to
the wall will be that instead of just a 4" thick wall, we are changing
it to 11" thick and adding niches. The stumbling block to this is that
was want to move the wall towards the entry door 3"-4" so that it lines
up with the hall it is on, and also so that we are only taking an
additional 3"-4" from the dining room rather than 7" more from the
dining room. The problem with this is that there was a HVAC wall register
in the wall before we tore it down. I thought it would just be a simple
matter to extend the register three inches to the new wall surface. It
turns out I thought wrong. Does anybody have any ideas or knowledge how to
do this that doesn't involve ripping out the ceiling below this to move
the joint where it goes up into the wall? I tried searching Google for
"register extension", etc... Our dining room is already small, and we
don't want to make it smaller by widening the wall entirely in there...

Thanks for any advice in advance. I don't really ever check this e-mail,
so replies to the group would be appreciated.

--
lalalal, matthew simmons

extension support Stephen Chard UK diy 0 April 2nd 05 11:29 PM
Rain seeping inside through concrete block wall above grade (Warning: LONG explanation) Vinnie Murdico Home Repair 9 September 8th 04 02:43 AM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 06:05 PM
how to do foundations for extension with snotty neighbour? Steve North UK diy 7 September 25th 03 12:01 PM
Wall falling down? Alex UK diy 8 August 29th 03 10:54 AM