DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garage Door Remote (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/114203-garage-door-remote.html)

Robert11 July 21st 05 07:23 PM

Garage Door Remote

Hello:

Have lost one of our garage door openers, but do have another one
that wife uses.

Have no idea what brand the opener is; nothing on remote.

Is there a "generic" remote we can buy from somewhere, and somehow transfer
the
code from the one we do have to this new one ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Mike in Arkansas July 22nd 05 03:18 AM

Several years ago I got one at sears. It came with two transmitters
and a receiver. You wired the new receiver to the screw terminals that
the push button goes to. This was years ago mind ya but I bet there
still available somewhere. DAGS?

Walter Cohen July 24th 05 07:18 PM

Yes.
Sears sells these and I believe they 'learn' the code from the main
transmitter, not the remote.

Walter