DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag Jetclean dishwasher's soap dispenser isn't opening (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/113947-maytag-jetclean-dishwashers-soap-dispenser-isnt-opening.html)

Rod July 20th 05 03:20 AM

Maytag Jetclean dishwasher's soap dispenser isn't opening

We've got a Maytag Jetclean dishwasher, which is maybe 5 years old. For
some reason the soap dispenser has stopped opening, until too late in the
dish washer process. (When it has finished we will open it up to unload it
and find that the soap dispenser has opened but the soap has just run down
the door of the dishwasher, rather than having actually been used to clean
the dishes.)

So, the question is, what's causing this and what can I do to fix it?

Rod

Luke July 21st 05 03:01 AM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:20:23 GMT, "Rod" wrote:

We've got a Maytag Jetclean dishwasher, which is maybe 5 years old. For
some reason the soap dispenser has stopped opening, until too late in the
dish washer process. (When it has finished we will open it up to unload it
and find that the soap dispenser has opened but the soap has just run down
the door of the dishwasher, rather than having actually been used to clean
the dishes.)

So, the question is, what's causing this and what can I do to fix it?

I guess that either the timer or the dispenser door wax motor is bad
and needs replacing. See these:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_9_1.asp#Level1_11

http://www.applianceaid.com/soap-door.html#open

--
Luke
"This Republican Party of Lincoln has become a party of theocracy."