DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Brita Or Pur Brand Best For Kitchen Water Filter ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/112924-brita-pur-brand-best-kitchen-water-filter.html)

Robert11 July 10th 05 05:22 PM

Brita Or Pur Brand Best For Kitchen Water Filter ?

Hello:

Water at our new place is pretty poor, and have decided to purchase
one of those spigot mounted filters for the kitchen faucet.

Guess there are 2 primary brands: Pur, and Brita

Anyone have any opinions regarding which is more effective, filter
replacement costs, construction quality, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

[email protected] July 11th 05 02:45 PM

Water at our new place is pretty poor, and have decided to purchase
one of those spigot mounted filters for the kitchen faucet.

Are you sure you want a spigot mount unit?

What abt just buying a pitcher that you pour the water
in and it filters that way?

Jennifer July 13th 05 09:02 PM

wrote:
Water at our new place is pretty poor, and have decided to purchase
one of those spigot mounted filters for the kitchen faucet.

Are you sure you want a spigot mount unit?

What abt just buying a pitcher that you pour the water
in and it filters that way?

I like the spigot mounts much better. I've had both, and refilling the
pitchers is a pain. The pitchers don't hold enough, and take too long
to filter the water.

I don't really think there's much difference between Brita and Pur. I
had a Brita pitcher and I have Pur faucet - both are/were good. Pur
sells replacement filters at the Costco near me, though. Brita
doesn't.

--
Jennifer