DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mold problem around furnace (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/111768-mold-problem-around-furnace.html)

Carol J July 8th 05 02:22 AM

Mold problem around furnace

Last summer I had a new Carrier Weathermaker furnace and central air system
installed. This summer, every time the air conditioner is on, white fuzzy
mold forms in a line on the basement floor along the edges of two sides of
the furnace. This didn't happen last summer and never happened around the
old furnace. I keep scrubbing it off and spraying with lysol, but it keeps
coming back. I ran a dehumidifier for a couple of days but that didn't help
either. Any ideas what could be causing this?

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert July 8th 05 12:20 PM

Carol J wrote:
Last summer I had a new Carrier Weathermaker furnace and central air system
installed. This summer, every time the air conditioner is on, white fuzzy
mold forms in a line on the basement floor along the edges of two sides of
the furnace. This didn't happen last summer and never happened around the
old furnace. I keep scrubbing it off and spraying with lysol, but it keeps
coming back. I ran a dehumidifier for a couple of days but that didn't help
either. Any ideas what could be causing this?

where is your A/C water going? It could be from hard water.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

v July 8th 05 05:31 PM

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:20:58 -0400, someone wrote:

Carol J wrote:
Last summer I had a new Carrier Weathermaker furnace and central air system
installed. This summer, every time the air conditioner is on, white fuzzy
mold forms in a line on the basement floor along the edges of two sides of
the furnace.

where is your A/C water going? It could be from hard water.

In which case perhaps it wouldn't be mold either, just minerals?