Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Floor Over Moist Basement Concrete

External foundation work has been done around my 1906 house to
eliminate the rivers in the basement after rains. But the concrete
floor is still moist in lots of places. The contractor wants to put
pressure treated 2x4s down with pressure treated plywood on top, and
then ceramic tile.

That sounds good to me...but will the moisture under the plywood create
serious problems like a potentially dangerous mold problem under the
floor.

Any comments on this approach would be apprectiated.

Also I think the cermaic tile would have problems in what sounds like
it will be a moist environment,i.e., does the moisture coming up make
the grout deteriorate ?