DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Above ground pool heaters - Gas heater vs. Electric heat pump (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/109875-above-ground-pool-heaters-gas-heater-vs-electric-heat-pump.html)

ack123 June 13th 05 11:02 PM

Above ground pool heaters - Gas heater vs. Electric heat pump

I live in the northeast and was wondering if anyone in this climate has
installed a heater for an above ground pool. I was wondering what
benefits each one has. I am looking to use the heater during the early
and later parts of summer when the nights get to be quite cool. Any
thoughts are appreciated.

[email protected] June 15th 05 04:39 PM

Here are my thoughts on your question.
1) Which source of power is cheaper? gas or electric?
2) Heat pumps are a great alternative for heating and cooling homes in
moderate climates. May not make sense for just heating.
3) Heat pumps are basically compressors. Lots of mechanical parts. I
would stick my neck out that a gas-fired furnance will last longer than
a heat pump, and replacement costs to be less expensive.