DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hooking up Central Air unit to existing vent system (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/109763-hooking-up-central-air-unit-existing-vent-system.html)

Ed June 12th 05 01:26 AM

Hooking up Central Air unit to existing vent system

I have existing vents for a hot air heating system in my house. How
are the connections made from a Central Air unit to the vent system ?

Thanks

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. June 12th 05 02:16 AM

Ed wrote:

I have existing vents for a hot air heating system in my house. How
are the connections made from a Central Air unit to the vent system ?

Assuming the vents and fan have been sized for AC, the condensor unit is usually
placed on top of / next to / below the furnace, before any supply duct splits.