DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tap mounted water filters (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/109638-tap-mounted-water-filters.html)

tazzy June 11th 05 02:19 PM

tap mounted water filters

Hi

Are there any reliable tap mounted water filters that with good water
presure?

Also are there any under sink filters that flow through the existing
tap?

Al Bundy June 12th 05 12:12 PM

tazzy wrote:
Hi

Are there any reliable tap mounted water filters that with good water
presure?

Also are there any under sink filters that flow through the existing
tap?

A tap mounted filter is very limited in capacity because of the small
size so I would not advise using them. The under sink mounts are
generaly used with their own seperate spout mounted on the sink.
However, you could plumb one of these into the cold water line with no
trouble at all except for the pressure reduction because of the 1/4"
lines. The home centers also sell "whole house" models with bigger flow
fittings that would give you the pressure you want.