DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   good bait for trapping rabbits? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/109598-good-bait-trapping-rabbits.html)

Grant W. Petty June 11th 05 01:32 AM

good bait for trapping rabbits?

I've been using a Havahart trap to control the population of rabbits around
my yard (I take them to a nature reserve a couple miles away and release
them ... 12 or 13 so far). During the early spring and mid-to-late fall,
cut-up carrots work fine. But now that there's so many delicious things
growing in the beds around our house, they're just not paying attention to
the carrots. Just wondering if someone knows of a bait that will attract
rabbits even when there's no shortage of other food.

v June 14th 05 09:05 PM

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:32:04 -0500, someone wrote:

... Just wondering if someone knows of a bait that will attract
rabbits even when there's no shortage of other food.

Trix?

And what are you doing with those rabbits after you catch them? (If
you consider them pests, then kill them, otherwise you are just
passing the problem around.)