DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to redirect A/C moisture runoff? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/109478-how-redirect-c-moisture-runoff.html)

Dan June 9th 05 10:56 PM

How to redirect A/C moisture runoff?

What would be the simplest way of redirecting the water runoff from my a/c.
I'm on the second floor right above my neighbors front door.
I'd like to redirect it a couple of feet off to one side.
I've not yet installed the a/c.

Thanks.

Ted B. June 10th 05 01:16 PM

"Dan" wrote in message
What would be the simplest way of redirecting the water runoff from my
a/c.
I'm on the second floor right above my neighbors front door.
I'd like to redirect it a couple of feet off to one side.
I've not yet installed the a/c.

Thanks.

That won't be easy. Easiest solution that I could think of would be to
install an awning over the neighbor's front door. Another solution . . . if
your living space is less than about 2500 feet, get a ~40 pint dehumidifier
to run inside your living space somewhere. With that, you might not need
the A/C at all. If you DO still need the A/C, using the dehumidifier will
redirect much of the water from (dripping outside) to (dripping into the
dehumidifier collection bucket) -Dave

Rich Greenberg June 10th 05 02:07 PM

"Dan" wrote in message ...
What would be the simplest way of redirecting the water runoff from my
a/c.
I'm on the second floor right above my neighbors front door.
I'd like to redirect it a couple of feet off to one side.
I've not yet installed the a/c.

What is needed is to add a fitting in the drain hole that you can attach
a tube to to direct the water off to the side. Look for a store with an
AC above the door. Most will have such a drain tube.

The AC manufacturer MAY have an accessory kit to add such a drain, or
you could build one from a nipple and a pair of nuts and some rubber and
metal washers. If possible make it from all brass or plastic fittings
to prevent it from rusting.

Andy Hill June 10th 05 04:37 PM

"Dan" wrote:
What would be the simplest way of redirecting the water runoff from my a/c.
I'm on the second floor right above my neighbors front door.
I'd like to redirect it a couple of feet off to one side.
I've not yet installed the a/c.

Some PVC pipe, and a bit of skull sweat (to figure out how to connect to the
A/C).