Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Jim

Default chainlink fence surround by trees

The wife and I have finally decided on getting a chain link fence to
contain our beagle so we can save some time on long walks.

Behind all the houses down our street is pretty much a forest. Also all
the houses were constructed with partially exposed basements because
there is a nice hill leading back to the trees.

We had a very small backyard like it was and the fence contractor
suggested we clear out 10-15 feet of trees so we could have a better
backyard. Now we are just awaiting the install of the fence.

My questions are will it be a lot of trouble maintaining the fence and
do you have any tips? none of the neighbors have cleared any of the
trees so its only our yard where we have some clear ground about 15 feet
further back than they do. In this area the fence will be completely
surrounded by trees.

I was wondering if I should still clear out more so later on when the
trees get bigger and fatter they wont over run the fence. I have no
problems cutting small brush and vines from growing around the fence.

My other concern is there will be no way to get a vehicle or truck back
there without tearing down the fence or driving across the neighbors
property.

anyway hope this makes sense.

thanks

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:37:00 GMT, someone wrote:

My other concern is there will be no way to get a vehicle or truck back
there without tearing down the fence...

So have a gate installed?

If the fence installer is a good one, they will tell you to put the
fence at the distance from the trees that would prevent them from
pushing on it once they are fully grown. So not only would this be a
good test to determine whether the contractor is any good, but you now
have your answer.