Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Brad

Default Rustoleum Epoxy For Garage Floor: Question...

I applied the Rustoleum Epoxy Shield to my garage floor as a weekend
project. Followed all cleaning and temperature instructions to the
letter.

The floor has been curing for over 24 hours now, so I decided to walk
on it and bring some items back in. I used the colored flakes when
painting but sadly it seems like a ton of them didn't stick -- Is that
something that I did wrong? I lightly run a push broom over the floor
and end up with a HEAP of flakes. If I walk barefoot across the
garage, again, flakes all over my feet. Am I correct in assuming that
at this point, I may as well sweep the floor hard and get up any flakes
that haven't fully cured into the paint, or I'll just continue having a
mess later? I must admit I thought the flakes would get integrated
into the paint much better, and I didn't wait more then 3-5 mintues on
a wet spot before tossing the flakes on.

Thoughts?

Al Bundy

Sounds like you went heavy on the flakes. Sweep up the extra. Flakes
can't stick to flakes so you must have the floor covered with flakes.
If you don't have many that did stick then the epoxy set up before you
flaked it.

Does fresh epoxy stick to dried epoxy? Icepick Woodworking 14 April 23rd 05 04:06 AM
Epoxy paint on shop floor---Any good? Metalworking 2 January 25th 05 05:54 PM
Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
Epoxy and machine building.... Richard Nienhuis Metalworking 19 December 20th 03 12:56 AM
glue in knotholes T. Woodworking 8 October 8th 03 11:41 PM