DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Preventing wasps & hornets from behind shutters (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/106506-preventing-wasps-hornets-behind-shutters.html)

Alan Sung May 17th 05 03:20 PM

Preventing wasps & hornets from behind shutters

I am painting a house and I just took down all the plastic shutters. They've
been up for ~9 years and there's lots of paper wasps nest behind them. These
shutters are the kind that are individual slats not the solid piece kind.

Before I re-install them, is there a way to prevent or discourage them in
the future? Would attaching a piece of Tyvek or screen behind the shutters
prevent them from coming through?

-al sung