Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Chris

Default Sump pump drain overflowing

Hi,
I have sump pump runs into a larger pipe outside of my house. The
larger pipe runs though my back yard to a drain in the corner of my
property (about 20 feet from my house). Lately when the pump runs the
water backs up out of the larger drain pipe a sprays like a little
geyster aginst the wall of my house. Then the water seeps back into the
sump pump pit thought the drainage system and it starts all over again.
When the pump shuts off I can hear the water draining out of the larger
pipe.

We have had a lot of rain and snow this year (Cleveland Ohio). Could it
be that drain is backing up because the ground is saturated?
Also would it be adviseable to close the valve a little bit to restrict
the volume of water that pumps. I know that the pump would run longer,
but as it is now it is running every 1/2 hour or so now.

Thanks
Chris

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
Chris wrote:
[...]

It sounds like the "larger pipe" is clogged.