Electronics (alt.electronics)

Chook

Default Thin Potentiometers Sources

Hi all,
I've been looking for a replacement stereo volume control thumbwheel
potentiometer. The one I'me after has markings SW stamped in the metal
and B503 printed on the insulating substrate. It has 5 pins along with 2
others for mounting on a PCB. There is a Chinese M/F who has a model
name WH0142-1,2,3. The last digit being the thickness of the thumbwheel.

This type of component are everywhere is small consumer audio devices.
You would thing they would be commonplace in Tandys or similar.

Can anyone point me to a supplier (for 1 off) not a thousand off.

Aussi suppliers prefered but not essential.

thanks
Chook
gjfowleratadsl.on.net
replace at with @
loedown

Firstly, who is the device manufacturer, ie, what amplifier has it come in?

Secondly, in Melbourne, Speedy Spares (which aren't) are the suppliers for
Panasonic and a few others

GB Telespares (also very slow) are suppliers for some of the others.

send me the info on the manufacturer and I'll point you in the right
direction

Paul