DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   31" GE TV problems! Model # 31gt 657 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/87070-31-ge-tv-problems-model-31gt-657-a.html)

JonathanF January 18th 05 10:53 PM

31" GE TV problems! Model # 31gt 657

Hey,

I searched (actually, that's how I found this site, on www.google.com) and found this thread,
http://www.diybanter.com/showthread.php?t=43103
I have a 31" or so GE TV. We've had it for quite some time, however most of that time it has spent its life in the basement unplugged collecting dust. We had a problem w/ the picture so we called a service man to come out and fix it. He fixed it, however it started doing the same thing apparently.

This seems to be a common problem with this TV, as I entered in the model # and I came up w/ this?

http://www.freelists.org/archives/te.../msg00675.html

Can someone "interpret" those posts and explain what I need to do? My dad was going to throw it away, but if I could fix it, I'd have a nice TV to play Halo 2 on :-D

Model Number
31GT 657

Serial Number
326660465

Chassis Number
CTC177C

And there was some blue sticker on that back that read "QE 596521"

I turned the TV after it sitting for several years. The picture quality was fine really (no "snow" or lines) but the color had a pink hue to it. I then let it sit for about 20 minutes or so and now the picture is basically gone, just lines. It kept wanting to switch from whatever channel I had it on to "3"

Also found these,
http://www.eio.com/repairfaq/sam/rcatune.htm
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/rcatune.htm