DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Driving Old Notebook PC Backlight (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/79730-driving-old-notebook-pc-backlight.html)

Jurie Vorster December 4th 04 06:11 AM

Driving Old Notebook PC Backlight

Hi Everyone,

Before I blow up a Backlight Panel (Fluorescent) from an old Notebook PC
(probably an old Dell (Pentium I)) that I have dug out of my spares
cupboard, I need some advice. It has two wire that I suppose is to drive
the unit... MY QUESTION, would a standard high voltage type fluorescent
driving circuit like these typical 12V converters for portable emergency
lamps work or could you possibly point me in the right direction for a
practical (12V supply) circuit. Is it compulsory or just advisable to have a
back metal plate for electrical screening?

Thanks,
Jurie Vorster.