Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
REMUS

Default Help please!

Hi i'm new to the group, and i'm not really to awesome when it comes to
electronics, so I thought I would ask people who really know!

Heres the situation: I play bass in a thrash/rock-punk band and I want to
customise my bass a little. And my idea is to place red LED's under the
scratch plate which I will raise up with washers/nut(s) to give a glow
eminateing from underneath on dark gig's.

I'm from the UK and I dont know how to make a circuit with a switch and
LED's or where to buy them in the UK, I really need this to run off a small
battery pack for obvious reasons!

A freind mentioned I could get a sort of fibre optic wire, that he has on
his PC for cosmetic effect but I guess that runs off 12v?

Cheers for any advice!