DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Newbie - question about batteries Mah (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/63886-newbie-question-about-batteries-re-mah.html)

Daryl August 5th 04 05:22 AM

Newbie - question about batteries Mah

I have just purchased a remote controlled hovercraft which uses a
rechargeable 9.6 volt 700 Mah battery. The craft only works for about
8 minutes per 4 hour charge. I would like to buy a replacement
battery.
I see 9.6 volt 850 Mah ones of the same size available. Would this
hurt the electronics or just provide a longer charge for the machine?

Sorry to bother with such a basic question for you all.
Please reply to me e-mail if possible.

Thank-you

Daryl

Chris August 5th 04 05:11 PM

Newbie - question about batteries Mah

Coyoteboy August 12th 04 01:09 AM

Newbie - question about batteries Mah

Hi,
It should work perfectly. The device will draw as many mA as needed,
and the battery will last longer the more mAh it has (changing the
voltage would damage the circuit though).

Chris

So long as you dont put a heavier battery in or you may increase the power
draw on the battery and so defeat the purpose. Im just being pedantic :)