Electronics (alt.electronics)

Old June 11th 19, 08:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics,alt.idiots

Default Very few solar panels on new houses

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 00:57:52 +0100, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 00:49:47 +0100, "Commander Kinsey" wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 23:47:29 +0100, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 23:41:37 +0100, "Commander Kinsey" wrote:

No, photovoltaics tend to have squares, like this:
https://www.aranservices.co.uk/userd...taic-panel.jpg

Not all of them. Check out this amorphous panel.

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...679537662.html

Actually what's more important (to mean that I had incorrectly identified the solar panels) would be a
heating panel that had squares. What I saw had squares. Heating panels always have pipes running
the whole length, no need for squares.

Not all of them have visible pipes.

You can usually see lines. Anyway, if there is a square pattern, it's definitely PV. A pipe system is never square.

What surprises me is why they don't
manufacture hybrids. Have you ever tried to lay you bare hand on a
solar panel in the sun at midday? It will burn you.

Not in Scotland.

So, it would be
beneficial to draw the heat away by using it to heat water. Since the
hotter a circuit becomes the more resistance it has a cooler circuit
would not only heat water but produce more wattage from electricity

How would you do that without the pipes blocking light from the PV cells? I guess you could run them under the PV cells, but I'm not sure much heat would get through.