Electronics (alt.electronics)

NorwichLad

Default mobile (cell) phone jamming

"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7284.html

But I can't find his company. Anyone know how to buy one of these?

what's the point in buying one, if you [legally] can't use it?

Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:50:05 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

The article is four years old, £18.00 was mentioned and the product
never appeared - at least not in the UK - where its use would be
illegal.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
The Rifleman

"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

Why so you can haunt or Stalk alan erskine even more?

Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:55:55 -0000, "NorwichLad"
wrote:

According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7284.html

But I can't find his company. Anyone know how to buy one of these?

what's the point in buying one, if you [legally] can't use it?

I am not sure that would stop me getting one and using in on my daily
commute to Waterloo (in the non-mobiles car).

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Dave Topping

--
For email please use:
http://www.davetopping.com/usenet.
"Jaime" wrote in message

See
http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/cell%2...%20jammers.htm

Jaime

wrote:

According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7284.html

But I can't find his company. Anyone know how to buy one of these?

what's the point in buying one, if you [legally] can't use it?

I am not sure that would stop me getting one and using in on my daily
commute to Waterloo (in the non-mobiles car).

Non Mobiles car? Didnt know swt had any of them.

Jaime

Mike GW8IJT

"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7284.html

But I can't find his company. Anyone know how to buy one of these?

I believe that jamming mobile phone frequencies can result in a prison
sentence.
Mike.

---

Hal

wrote:

According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7284.html

But I can't find his company. Anyone know how to buy one of these?

It is illegal in the U.S.

http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/cel...ngjamming.html

--
Hal
Amateur Radio Station K1HK
default

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:57:28 +0100 (CET), Tarapia Tapioco
wrote:

I want to build a mobile phone jammer

* short range (not more than 5 yds)
* handheld, small
* battery powered

so that when I'm on the bus/train and some idiot start loudly talking
about his business, I can press a button and cause just enough
interference to disconnect him mysteriously.

It would be better if it had some directionality but not too much. I
don't want to aim it at someone but it would be nice to be able to
disconnect the loud phone user in front of me without affecting the
text messager behind me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for designing this?

http://gbppr.dyndns.org/PROJ/mil/celljam/

The site gets really slow at times. Suggest you save the schematics
so you won't have problems if the site goes down.

default

wrote:

According to an article in the Register, Anil Vora has invented a
handheld phone jammer for about £30.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/7284.html

But I can't find his company. Anyone know how to buy one of these?

It is illegal in the U.S.

http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/cel...ngjamming.html

So is corporate price fixing, political bribes, and speeding; YOUR
POINT BEING?

oo

there was talk that bush was planning to be party to some mobile phone
jamming action during his visit to blighty.
how would that stand?

oo.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:28:16 -0000, "oo" wrote:

there was talk that bush was planning to be party to some mobile phone
jamming action during his visit to blighty.

No, he wanted the networks switched off.

--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones