DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Audio Voltage Output (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/36425-audio-voltage-output.html)

[email protected] November 19th 03 06:35 PM

Audio Voltage Output

Can someone tell me what, typically, is the voltage output from a
headphone jack on a home stereo? If I have some voltage coming through
the jack, is that the power to the headphones/speakers or could it be a
leakthrough from the power supply of the stereo itself? I does seem to
vary with volume. Thanks.

ed November 26th 03 06:59 PM

Audio Voltage Output

wrote in message . ..
Can someone tell me what, typically, is the voltage output from a
headphone jack on a home stereo? If I have some voltage coming through
the jack, is that the power to the headphones/speakers or could it be a
leakthrough from the power supply of the stereo itself? I does seem to
vary with volume. Thanks.

there should be no dc voltage at the headset. the ac voltage will vary with the
volume and should be typically less than 1 volt. check for voltage with no
signal output to see if there is a problem.