DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Pioneer CLD-870 -Blown Fuse (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/36369-pioneer-cld-870-blown-fuse.html)

ED October 30th 03 05:34 PM

Pioneer CLD-870 -Blown Fuse

Hello Everyone,

My karaoke LD kept blowing up the 2A 125v. Anybody knows what could be
the problem? Please help me.

Thanks,
ED

JeffM November 1st 03 04:06 AM

Pioneer CLD-870 -Blown Fuse

My karaoke LD kept blowing up the 2A 125v.
Anybody knows what could be the problem?
ED

Yes. It's pulling too much current.
It could be any of 100 or more things.

Cliff S March 27th 04 07:20 AM

Pioneer CLD-870 -Blown Fuse

(JeffM) wrote in news:f8b945bc.0310312006.18fadfb9
@posting.google.com:

Possibly a short circuit. the following test will tell you what's going
on:

the 100W lightbulb test:

What you will need:

100W Lightbulb
old lamp socket
2 leads w/alligator clips

Simply clip this across your fuse clip and apply power. if the light is
dim then the circuit is fine (or could be overloading the fuse)

if the light is full bright there's a dead short somewhere.

Hope this helps you

Cliff S