Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris W

Default LED sequencer

I want to flash LED's in an interesting sequence and was wondering if
there some pre made device that could do this of if it could be made
with out too much difficulty. It's hard to describe the sequence so I
will use ascii art to show the sequence. O = on, X = off.

OOOXXXXXXX
XOOOXXXXXX
XXOOOXXXXX
XXXOOOXXXX
XXXXOOOXXX
XXXXXOOOXX
XXXXXXOOOX
XXXXXXXOOO

Then repeat or maybe reverse it and then repeat. This shows 10 LEDs,
but I may be using 15 or 20. I also have 2 different applications for
this. In one I each of the 15 to 20 positions will represent a single
high intensity LED. The other applications requires more intensity so
each position will be a group of 5 or 10 LEDs, so the circuit needs to
be handle enough current for than many LEDs.

--
Chris W

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania