DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Car Stereo Installation Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/36118-re-car-stereo-installation-problem.html)

Larry July 29th 03 06:05 AM

Car Stereo Installation Problem

"Matt" wrote in message ...
I just purchased a new sony MP70 Car stereo, I have installed many stereo's
in the past and I"m having a specific problem with this one. I'm running no
additional equipment (ie. amps, subs, ect) just straight speakers. I
connected everything and the unit power's one correctly an plays at a low
volume, but when i turn the volume up the unit cuts out (no power) in a few
seconds it will come back on and unless i lower the volume it will keep
cutting out. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Just a guess but sounds like a grounded or shorted speaker line
Unit may have a safety shutdown.
Also are speaker impedances correct for output lines?
Hope it helps