DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Help me! what is this thing! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/36034-help-me-what-thing.html)

steve June 23rd 03 12:52 AM

Help me! what is this thing!

hi, I found this in my closet. Anyone know what it is??
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0016.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0017.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0018.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0019.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0020.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0021.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0022.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0023.JPG
http://www.rpi.edu/~meists/ebay/DSCF0024.JPG
is this some kind of gigantic water cooled tube?
-steve
)

happyhobit June 26th 03 09:19 PM

Help me! what is this thing!

is this some kind of gigantic water cooled tube? Yes.

It could be for a high power radio transmitter or a spot welder.

Jay

robert June 30th 03 12:24 AM

Help me! what is this thing!

yup it's watercooled. But cant say i reconize it. Haas lots of glass -
somewhat remininicent or the kind of stuf used in the 60's. Maybe even
before. Later microwave or vacumm tube devices were usually ceramic.
The glass ed might be for optical use (like a high powered xeon flash
device that ws used in photogramic air missions). But it could also
simply be a medium high power microwave output tube.
Sorry, that's the best i can do for you.

rob