DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Power resistor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/345196-power-resistor.html)

captoro August 17th 12 12:58 PM

Power resistor

Does anyone know where I can purchase variable power resistor, up to
1000 watt ??
forget mouser or digikey, they just dont keep that high power.

thanks
ken

PeterD August 26th 12 09:57 PM

Power resistor

"captoro" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can purchase variable power resistor, up to
1000 watt ??
forget mouser or digikey, they just dont keep that high power.

thanks
ken

One must ask "how many ohms?"

--
I'm never going to grow up.

Jalil - Natural Systems August 28th 12 05:29 PM

Power resistor

"captoro" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can purchase variable power resistor, up to
1000 watt ??
forget mouser or digikey, they just dont keep that high power.

thanks
ken

One must ask "how many ohms?"

and also, i think they are better known as "load banks" for that kind of
power.

Mario Mendes September 6th 12 09:19 PM

Power resistor

On Friday, August 17, 2012 7:58:54 AM UTC-4, captoro wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase variable power resistor, up to

1000 watt ??

forget mouser or digikey, they just dont keep that high power.

thanks

ken

Have you ever seen one? - http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r248...watt-resistor-

This may help