Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to sci.electronics.components,alt.lasers,alt.electronics

Default Low-power light or laser therapy (ie cold laser) pain treatment

The wikipedia entry for "cold laser" gets redirected to he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_level_laser_therapy

"Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a medical and veterinary treatment
that uses low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes to alter cellular
function."

I'm hearing of more and more people that are receiving "laser" therapy
for soft tissue injuries, pain, even artheritis and hip pain.

I wouldn't have thought that some red or near infra-red light (coherent
or otherwise) would have anything other than a placebo effect, but it
seems that there might be something more to this.

Clinical and even home light sources cost in the thousands.

I'm thinking of buying the components myself (I'll check Digikey
first). Basically anything I can find in the 600 to 1000 nm
wavelength. Super-bright LED's, or diode lasers, or anything else that
looks interesting.

I'm not sure what optics I might need.

Has anyone looked into this, along the lines of a do-it-yourself or
home-made light therapy or laser therapy unit?

There's a LOT of background info he

http://heelspurs.com/led.html

It has a section on laser vs led as a light source.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,alt.lasers,alt.electronics

"Some Guy" wrote in message ...
The wikipedia entry for "cold laser" gets redirected to he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_level_laser_therapy

"Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a medical and veterinary treatment
that uses low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes to alter cellular
function."

There's more electro-med mumbo jumbo he

http://www.rife.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.components,alt.lasers,alt.electronics

"Ian Field" wrote in message ...

"Some Guy" wrote in message ...
The wikipedia entry for "cold laser" gets redirected to he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_level_laser_therapy

"Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a medical and veterinary treatment
that uses low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes to alter cellular
function."

There's more electro-med mumbo jumbo he

http://www.rife.org/

"MUMBO JUMBO" , That tells us a lot about you Ian.

Shaun