DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Tektronix Scope Replacement Part Needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/304488-re-tektronix-scope-replacement-part-needed.html)

KG6BAJ - Wm Lewis June 8th 10 07:31 PM

Tektronix Scope Replacement Part Needed

Why don't you try calling Grass Valley Group (AKA Tektronix) here in
the Nevada City / Grass Valley, Calif. area Phone 530-478-3000 ??

Address if needed is:

Grass Valley Group
400 Providence Mine Road
Nevada City, Ca. 95959

R:100608/1311Z @:KG6BAJ.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM #:12368 [Grass Valley] InterGate

** NEWSGROUP: alt.electronics,alt.ham-radio
** FROM : (Terry)

I attempted to straighten the shafts of a dual pot and managed to snap
the outer shaft (for the front pot) right where it enteres the bushing
rendering it unrepairable. DUMB DUMB DUMB

The pot is Tektronix PN 311-1393-00 AKA Clarostat PN CM39702

It's the INTENSITY/FOCUS control on a Tektronix USM-281C.

There are two pots: 5K in the front (with a snapped outer shaft) and
5M in the back. The 5M is separated by an inch or so from the front by
a dielectric tube for it's elevated some 6 kV.

I realigned the scope and it's extremely stable and accurate and I had
planned to use it on the bench. Fortunately I snapped the shaft with
intesity set just about right. However, for some "very snappy"
measurements, a little more brightness on the screen sure would help!

I have chased down all the Google sources for both PNs and no joy. One
outfit in Canada had the pot on its website but it had been sold
before I could get there! Drat!

Any help would be most appreciated. Anyone out there with a dead
USM-281C willing to strip out the pot? I will pass your palm with
silver!

TIA--

Terry--WB4FXD
Edenton, NC

From The KG6BAJ Newsgroup Server & gvcity.ampr.org Mail Server

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---