Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.ads.forsale.computers,alt.ads.forsale,alt.electronics,alt.forsale,ca.forsale

Default FS: LAPTOP (eg IBM Lenovo) CAR & AIR POWER ADAPTER DC-DC car12-16VDC $2 WORKS w/ANY LAPTOP (16VDC, 60W, this plug); part# SYD1109-6016(thirdparty, not IBM).

Posted on Ebay, item# 330332840727 Goto www.ebay.com & enter this
item# 330332840727 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW
OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending.
Reply either here or via Ebay; but note: I can only take Ebay listing
off to sell privately if there're NO bids currently & if Ebay permits.
If you're one of those who still have no idea of Ebay, we can simply
wait until listing expires (a few days) so I will sell thru
Craigslist.
PLEASE - read description on Ebay, do NOT need an account to read
postings there (just enter item# in search window)
Here'is a rough copy of it, but it's best to see Ebay ad.

Car & Air Adapter for IBM/Lenovo (Thinkpads); or ANY 16Volt (upto
60Watt power out) powered laptops using a similar DC plug end
connecting to laptop. The other end plugs into standard 12Volt car
outlets + Airplane adapter is also included (shown on other

photos, as explained below).
NEW (never used) but I've misplaced original box (carton), been stored
in my garage. Reason to sell: I switched to HP laptops shortly
afterwards, and my large CAD/Engineering workstation-type of laptops
use a different voltage & plug. Whether your laptop accepts

16Volt & what power/current is upto you to check - you may simply look
at your current AC adapter's labeling and if it's a similar voltage,
and equal or LESS power output, then this adapter will also fit.
Note: you cannot damage modern laptops with a wrong DC

power, there're several protection circuits, unless that DC power is
immensely high & fast acting spike.
Or Google for this part#: SYD1109-6016

BEST to LOOK at PHOTOS, INSTEAD of READING WORDY DESCRIPTION:
SEE PHOTOS at MY WEBSITE, CANNOT POST HERE MORE than 1 PHOTO as EBAY
CHARGES FEES for EXTRA PICTURES!: Please visit:
http://photos.starium.org -- select Gallery (folder) -- "Computer
parts & supply".

What is the reason to use such adapters? Because the alternative
(besides risk of battery running out when you travel) is a car DC-AC
adapter into which your normal laptop AC adapter may plug.
However in this case you end up hauling TWO adapters (DC-AC, AC-DC),
paying far more than 10-15 dollars I am asking, and DC quality out of
such double-conversion might be less than out of DC-DC; though it
depends on design. In any case it will be bulkier and

costlier than a single Car & Air adapter, like the one posted here. I
cannot use for my CAD HP laptop, but if anyone is using IBM, etc
16Volt laptops, it's a good adapter; hence selling. The only complain
I'd have is that DC cable is a bit rigid (fat) but that's to carry

high current, so electrically it's reasonable.
Tech specs:

Sunny ComputerTechnology, Ltd
Model# SYD1109-6016 ==== YOU CAN GOOGLE/SEARCH INTERNET for MORE
INFO.
Input: 10-15 VDC (can be pulsating/"dirty")
Output: 16 VDC, 3.75A (cleaner) standard IBM or other laptops plug
(round, see photo).
Power output (max): 60 Watt
Load regulation: +/-5%
Protections: output short-circuit, safety current limiting, under &
overvoltage, internal temperature limiter, automatic reset after
abnormal conditions listed earlier are returned to normal
Weight: 5.29 ounces
Dimensions: 106.5 x 50 x 32.5 MILLIMETERS

CE/FCC Safety Regulations compliant.
Also was marketed by IBM/Lenovo awhile ago.
Personal note: if your car is cheap & missing Battery monitor, and you
get carried away working on a laptop plugged into car 12Volt outlet;
just don't forget to run engine occasionally to re-charge it in case
your laptop happens to be power-hungry, though laptops

today are VERY LOW POWER consuming devices; so maybe it's an excessive
precaution.
Also as I said Airplane adapter plug is included, see
photos.starium.org

Can I charge my laptop with a 60W adapter instead of a 90W adapter?! [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 January 7th 07 01:58 AM
Output plug on laptop AC adapter bent. The Slash Electronics Repair 5 May 26th 06 07:31 AM
Laptop power plug Neil UK diy 11 March 16th 06 12:20 PM
Dell Laptop AC Adapter Repair Seventh Prince Electronics Repair 13 October 19th 05 01:10 AM
Dell Laptop AC Adapter Repair Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 0 October 18th 05 07:30 PM