Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default RF Isolation Transformer

I would like to make a DIY 75 to 75 ohm Isolation transformer to
eliminate ground loop hum from incoming digital cable TV feed.

I have found some DC blocking Baluns that one could connect together
to make a 75-300-75 set-up but from my reading I think this might be
problematic with digital cable service.

How do I choose the right ferrite bead and calculate the number of
turns etc.

??
Posted to alt.electronics

wrote in message
I would like to make a DIY 75 to 75 ohm Isolation transformer to
eliminate ground loop hum from incoming digital cable TV feed.

I have found some DC blocking Baluns that one could connect together
to make a 75-300-75 set-up but from my reading I think this might be
problematic with digital cable service.

How do I choose the right ferrite bead and calculate the number of
turns etc.

??

Try going to the Amidon web site, they have books on how to calculate things
like this and cores. Another site would be CWS Bytemark, they have more
information on there web site but their shipping and handling rates are
high.

Shaun