Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Circuit prototyping software recommendations

Any advice on software to design and test circuits? I want to drag and drop
components, set properties, such as resistance for resistors, and then test
them.
I've Googled but there are too many out there
I'd prefer one with a free trial but am happy to pay for a full version.

Thanks

--

Joe

Posted to alt.electronics

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:45:22 -0000, "Joe Fawcett"
wrote:

Any advice on software to design and test circuits? I want to drag and drop
components, set properties, such as resistance for resistors, and then test
them.
I've Googled but there are too many out there
I'd prefer one with a free trial but am happy to pay for a full version.

---
This will delight you beyond your wildest expectations:

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/#Spice

JF
Posted to alt.electronics

Joe Fawcett wrote:
Any advice on software to design and test circuits?[...]
I'd prefer one with a free trial but am happy to pay for a full version.

This one isn't free, but with the generous demo terms
you may never actually need to purchase the "full" version:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...arge+25+uu+750
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...ckts+25+qq+750

SPICE isn't segregated into its own section here,
but Terry Pinnell's list has long been considered to be
one of the more comprehensive ECAD lists:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...e+dial+tria l
Posted to alt.electronics

Thanks John and Jeff, I'll give them a try.

--

Joe
http://joe.fawcett.name

"JeffM" wrote in message
Joe Fawcett wrote:
Any advice on software to design and test circuits?[...]
I'd prefer one with a free trial but am happy to pay for a full version.

This one isn't free, but with the generous demo terms
you may never actually need to purchase the "full" version:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...arge+25+uu+750
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...ckts+25+qq+750

SPICE isn't segregated into its own section here,
but Terry Pinnell's list has long been considered to be
one of the more comprehensive ECAD lists:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...e+dial+tria l

Posted to alt.electronics

On 2009-01-15, Joe Fawcett wrote:
Any advice on software to design and test circuits? I want to drag and drop
components, set properties, such as resistance for resistors, and then test
them.

I find ltspice works well - (free from linear.com)

there's a bunch of others out there.